Image Map

Monday 29 April 2013

My 1st Mac Lipstick ~ Violetta

Hello....
Apologies that posts have not been as frequent. Unfortunately, it is exam season so revision is top priority at the moment,  but at the end of May I will be free to get back into blogging.

Anyway a few weeks back, I went to York Designer Outlet and visited  the Designer cosmetic company store to purchase my first ever MAC lipstick. I have ever only owned from MAC my usual NW45 Studio Fix foundation, Gold Deposit Mineralize skin finish and 'Funtabolous' & 'Get Rich Quick' Dazzleglasses.

I took the plunge and brought 'Violetta' which is a permanent lipstick within the MAC Pro range and was featured in the Disney Venomous Villian collection back in 2010.

Violetta is described as 'Vibrant Violet Purple ' . It is an Amplied creme finish lipstick which means it is smooth, moisturing, and highly pigmented. It is a wearable shade all year round and suits all complexions.Also it has a semi-frost sheen and is very long lasting as it doubles as a lip stain.
In the bullet tube, it looks very purple but when applied to your lips, it is a hybrid combination of purple, fuchsia, magenta and shimmering hint of blue.
I found that this shade differs depending on your how much you apply as on my sister who is a skin tone lighter than me , it shows up on her lips as a slight darker plum violet purple;incomparison to myself, where it shows up much brighter and looks fuchsia-purple.

The perfect MAC lip pencil to match this lipstick from is Magenta which retails for £11.50 here. But I found a cheaper alternative is NYX Lipliner pencil in Purple Rain 838 which I brought off Ebay for £3.99  here

Overall, I love Violetta because it is definitely a statement lipstick that has that 'WOW' factor and will have everyone talking.

I managed to purchase this cheaper at the Designer outlet for £9.25 but it is available at MAC Pro stores and MAC online for £14.00 link here

What are your favourite MAC lipsticks?

 Peace, Love & Besos

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to leave a comment. We would love for you to include your blog address so we can check out your blog :).

:¦:-.•:*¨¨*:•.-:¦:-.•:*¨¨*:•.-:¦:-.•:*¨¨*:•.-:¦:-

Lots of Love,
Shanaz & Kamarla

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...